Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 10:49 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Could Morgan Rielly be that franchise defenceman we desperately need?

As the title says. For those who have not being keeping track, Rielly has 14 points in 10 games so far this year (3 G, 11 A) and has been a beast for Moose Jaw.

At the draft combine he placed top 5 in every event and I believe he placed 1st in a couple (at least one event). To me that shows his dedication to off ice training and his work ethic. For an 18 year old to be 205 pounds at 6'0" is great, you know he is built like a tank. His skating is amazing. Perfect for a puck moving, offensive d-man. And from what I read on here a lot of people say his defensive game is actually above average and underrated by a lot of people.

Seems like the kid has it all. I also thought he had a very good tournament against Russia during the summer, but the fans of other teams weren't giving him enough credit, just because he's a Leaf prospect. I remember that one play where he practically ran that powerplay for almost 2 minutes and then ended up making a great cross crease pass for a goal, but it seemed like nobody on the board cared except for us.

I think Burke may have been right guys, he might be IT.