Thread: Proposal: Phx - ott
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 11:32 PM
YotesFan47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You're basing your argument on ice time? We went over this already: Defensive defenceman almost never lead their team in ice time, due to the fact that they receive almost no PP time.

Even Anton Volchenkov, when he was here and was a dominant physical force and on one of the best shutdown pairings in the league, never was any higher than 4th in icetime on the Sens. Using icetime to gauge a defensive defenceman is a terrible metric.

Now PLEASE, if you want to discuss either Methot OR why a team's competitive level has an effect on a team's wallet, PM me. Let's not derail a trade thread about non-trade-related issues.
While I can see how this can be viewed as off topic, at the same time the discussion on Methot pretty directly correlates to the willingness of Ottawa fans actually feeling like they "need" another defender. I personally would encourage it because while there are a few circles in the argument there is also some good information regarding the situation. Once things really start being repeated then a stop should be put to it but at the moment there seems to be good information coming though becoming smaller chunks each time lol. Really just keep it classy and informative.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote