View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
no way the NHL lets us win the lottery after we won in 2011, besides as much as i dont wanna say it im not too pumped for this year. its gonna be super tough to get the same offence out of Henrique and we'll need big years from Josefson and one of Tedenby/Butler to replace #9's production. with the Atlantic getting Nash its gonna be an uphill battle for us and our 40 year old goalie. still have hope tho!
If we re sign Sykora I'll be a little less worried. Trade a D man, use the space for one of Tedenby or Butler(Whoever looks the better of the two), and re sign Sykora. I expect Sykora to deteriorate by the playoffs again, but I think we can get at least 2/3rds the production we got out of him last year. I expect Elias to be as dominant playing with him again too. I still expect the same goal total from Elias regardless, but not quite as many points.

I expect Marty to start out slow as he does most years. I expect people to be calling for his retirement again, and saying Hedberg should be the starter just like last year. Part of me thinks he could surprise us, and get off to a better start than many of the last few years.

Clarkson I think is good for 20 goals. He was not healthy in the playoffs, and you could see that. Maybe not 30, but 20 goals for Clarkson is not insane. He got 17 in 08/09 getting a lot of 4th line minutes, and some PP time, and was on pace for 20 in 09/10 had he played a full season.

I'm more worried about the pathetic PK from the playoffs rearing it's ugly head. I'm not sure we can muster off a top ranked PK again, and I don't think we'll have as good of a PP if we use many of the same personnel on both units.

Last edited by Bleedred: 10-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.