View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 12:52 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
How were they asking for raises? They were willing to give up HRR but not a ROLLBACK in salary. How is that asking for raises?

It's not the players faults that these teams are paying them retarded amounts of money. If they can't afford to pay them then they shouldn't own a ****ing team. End of story. I have no sympathy whatsoever for a bunch of greedy ass owners whom most don't give a rats ass about hockey or even know anything about hockey. The only owners I respect are TSNE because they were fans and are committed to their city.
It amazes me that so many people still see this as a battle of the superheros (players) vs the forces of evil (owners), like it was some kind of comic book series. I just watched a few minutes of Michael Landsberg's OTR, where he interviewed a player named Paul Bissonnette. Bissonnette has played 4 seasons in the NHL, has accumulated a grand total of 8 points, 250 penally minutes and has made millions of dollars. Judging from the interview, he is also not exactly a shining example of virtue. The owners don't need a bunch of entitled hockey players to save them from their greed.

Back in the real world, Bettman called this the owners' best offer and i believe him. I doubt they will make any more material concessions and, no doubt, have a number of alternate scenarios planned out. If Fehr continues to brainwash the gullible PA, making them think they are in a fantasy world, fighting bad guys, this could still end badly for them. It'll certainly go down to the wire this time around.