Thread: Rosters and Ratings: NHL 13 player growth
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 03:53 AM
MickOlax

vCash: 500
It seems pretty random to me. I traded for Strome in our GM-connected league and he had 3 star potential. He had played around 40 games at the time and had 2g and 1a. I don't know his potential at the start of the game, but im pretty sure that it should be at least 3,5 stars, maybe even 4. So does he really have such a low potential at the start or has he regressed that much mid-season?

On a side note I love the new player growth system in Fifa 13! The younger players grow throughout the season a lot if they play well. Older guys regress easily if they don't get to play or play poorly. For example, I bought a relatively young goalkeeper (21yo) who had a 77 OVR rating at the offseason, now in the midseason he is already 81 since he's got a lot of games and has played well. Also a guy who was 68 OVR at the start of the game, got a chance to play in the pre-season and played pretty well, pretty much immediately turned to a 70 OVR player.

That's how it should be in NHL series too! You could get steals in trades and drafts more easily if they get more ice time on your team and/or play well. For example if you trade for a third-liner at the deadline and he puts up some very good numbers, he should progress a bit by the start of the playoffs/end of the season.

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote