View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 06:08 AM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
So what are his weaknesses? Apparently he's not soft or a perimeter player either and his offensive skill set looks pretty high end. Or maybe his skill isn't as high end as I think it is?
I posted this about a week ago on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Just finished watching Bozon for the third time since becoming Habs property. I've been very impressed with him. I think he may be the best pure goalscorer in our prospect pool.

Bozon looks very tall out on the ice, but lanky. The style of game that he plays means that he needs he too add strength if he wants to be effective at not only the NHL level, but even at the WHL level. You tell there's time he wants to hit to hurt, but it just doesn't happen. Specifically last night, he took a run at someone like right at the beginning of the game, but he just wasn't strong enough to knock him down. Another time Bozon went to hit someone but ended up going knee on knee with them. I do appreciate how he finishes all his checks and has a level of commitment to defence that you don't see in comparable players. Bozon does have a lot of work to do defensively. His passing well accurate, always seems a little to hard for the the recipient to handle. I'm not sure whether that has to do with his passes, or his teammates.

Now on to the good. As I mentioned I think he's the best pure goal scorer in our prospect pool and I have good reasoning for that. He's got a hard wrist shot and he's got great hands. He darts in and out of those scoring areas and is willing to go to the front of the net. Most of the chances he creates offensively come from him doing what he does best, shooting. Bozon always makes the goalie works when he shoots too. I love how he always has his head up. He's never looking at the puck, even when he his (mainly in puck battles), he knows when his teammates are. He's a deceptively fast skater and it only takes him a few steps before he's gone. Bozon is also an active participant in scrums and is always willing to dish out a facewash or two.
To answer Katatoniak's question. From what I've seen, he scores his goals in a variety of ways. Most of his goals come from shots in close, but he also scores from the high slot and banging away in the crease.