View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 11:58 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Brett Malone put on waivers.. tough break for the kid. didn't play as a 16 and then hurt most of his 17 year old year. Tough to get better when you don't play. i don't find Flynn give much of an opportunity to his younger guys. Plunks them all on the fourth line and subs them in and out of lineup no matter how good they play. Tremaine had a goal and an assist and then was a healthy scratch the next game. Stephen Johnson scored his first goal of the year and then was a healthy scratch the next game after that. not a confidence builder for a young kid when you score and then are taken out of lineup the next game.
Malone had an okay first season in the Q as a 16 year old rookie. His injury last season is what put him behind the 8 ball. He was only able to player 33 games last season and wasn't the same after coming back. This year he is on a team that has a strong top 6 and Malone dosn't necessarily fit Flynn's bottom 6 two-way,checking forward role. Although he hasn't been contributing with the Wildcats , I think he'd flourish on a team like Sherbrooke where he could get more playing time and minutes on the PP. Malone is a solid skater, has good hockey iq and posseses a lethal wrist shot. I hope he has better luck on his next team.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote