Thread: Heard on CKAC??
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2006, 07:10 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
So, you've said there are two current Europeans that are one of a kind (in other words, not 'one of a kind'), and that Finland's essentially playing a North American brand of hockey (read: Europeans playing North American hockey). It seems like you don't fully believe this euro-wimp philosophy you spew!

Yes, good selective memory. Now try to recall what happened after that game. Did Montreal go on to win or lose the series, and who was Montreal's best player in a tremendous comeback series over a heavily favoured Boston team?

And while you're at it, please tell me: what nationality was Boston's goaltender, and top line? Just out of curiosity. Perhaps they were euro-wimps and would back up your point of euros being chokers. Especially since they were facing a largely European-squad (Montreal).

It'd be nice if you'd quit with this euro-wimp routine since it just detracts from your main point (which is that Lang's not particularly tenacious, which is what Montreal needs, and he'd be a band-aid player).
Russians and Finns are not the same as the other old school Euros. The Russians based their game on Lloyd Percival's philosophy (adapted by Tarasov). The Finns reacted to that in competition with the Russians. I don't know why the Czechs or Swedes didn't. This is common knowledge and you can steer my comments in any direction you want and call me racist (against whom exactly I ask???).

I know Gainey has recycle some old school Euros to great effect in the past: notably Zubov in Dallas, and now Kovalev here. If he thinks he can do the same with Lang, for a year (at GREAT expense), fine. I'm a big Gainey fan. I'm just stating my opinion that I am not a Robert Lang fan.