Old
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Someone just retweeted Timmy P. and said we would be on the hook for Carter no matter what. If that is the case the rule is horrible. I agree with you about punishing teams for what was once legal. I don't understand how Snider and other large market teams could agree to these terms? Like people are saying, maybe they are not a powerful as we all once thought?
I imagine they only agree to them if the Dreger tweet about trading for cap space comes about...especially if we can trade cash for it. It would be a really roundabout and awkward luxury tax. That's the only way I'd see Snider agree to it..."If we're doing that, I want to get more cap space!" sorta deal.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehr
We do not yet know whether this proposal is a serious attempt to negotiate an agreement, or just another step down the road. The next several days will be, in large part, an effort to discover the answer to that question.
I'm actually optimistic about this statement. It seems they'll be talking about this proposal, which is better than just saying "NO" and waiting for a new proposal. Though it's still entirely possible they do that again if the league doesn't give some more concessions or concede a softer landing from 57% to 50%