View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 11:58 AM
burf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdB View Post
Some you guys honestly gotta get off the bath salts.

If you agree with Fehr on this, I demand you leave this board. Seriously.

There's no reason for the players to accept the new contract restrictions in conjunction with a pay cut. If the owners want a 50/50 split of HRR, they should be expected to give something back to the players in terms of quality-of-life improvements in exchange.

If Fehr told the PA to accept this deal, he should be fired immediately. The owners' offer sets up a good basic framework for negotiation, but there's absolutely no reason to take the deal as it stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
How many growth industries pay their employees north of 50% of revenues? You can't compare pro sports with any other industries, it just doesn't work.

And I'm not saying Fehr is right or he's wrong: I'm saying that yesterday I mentioned there was no chance Fehr would accept the deal based on the precedent he's set for himself. And lo and behold, he lived up to his track record.
The employees aren't necessarily getting north of 50% of revenue. They're getting 57% of HRR (certain revenue minus certain expenses and deductions). Nobody knows what percentage of actual revenue that works out to, but it's certainly much closer to 50% than to 57%.