Thread: Proposal: Phx - ott
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
1-It's not just about the present, it's about the future. Last I checked, the Sens are nowhere near competing for the Cup. Marc frikin Methot is on the 1st pair. Marc frikin Methot. The Sens are in a youth movement. So vets should be traded for youngsters to keep building. Michalek has 5-7 years as a 2nd line winger left, while Gormley has 15 years as a top 4 D left.

2-The Sens have a bigger need on defense. Marc frikin Methot is on the 1st pair. Marc frikin Methot. I doubt you of all people wants to run with that long term. The Sens have like 8 winger prospects or more with top 6 potential. I think we can find 3 or 4 scorers from that especially with the quality prospects that they are. The Sens have never had a prospect pool and young players as good as this. A bunch of players who haven't had 30 point seasons can and will have them.

3- It's not just about points. Points alone don't determine how good a player is. Michalek being 55-75 in scoring doesn't mean he's the 55-75th best forward, not even close. (and he's only been that good ONCE out of 3 seasons in Ottawa, forgive my lack of belief in him).

4-Michalek spent the vast majority of his ice time with Karlsson and Spezza... therefore his stats appear better than that of just a regular 2nd line winger.

5-Michalek needs a center like Spezza to produce... a puck handling centre. Because he's horrible at handling the puck himself.
Dude, what do you have agaisnt Michalek? The fact that he is big? Fearless? Great in all zones? Protects his teammates? Scores goals? Is a great power forward? Plays great ES, PP, and PK? I'm not hearing any negatives here. You really seem to have an unnatural hate for Milan Michalek.

Oh, and 35 goal scorers ARE first liners, sorry to burst your bubble.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote