Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nicklas Lindstrom wasn't known to have any exceptional ability either. I mean he put up points, but that was not what Lindstrom was known for. I'm pretty sure he was a norris winner due to his overall play (offensive and defensive), logging huge minutes and his durability, making Detroit one of the most dangerous teams of the decade mostly due to him. I'm definitely NOT comparing Ryan Murray to Lindstrom, especially not when he hasn't played a game in the league. I'm just saying there is a lot of value in overall play which apparently a lot of GMs covet and many see in Murray.
Lidstrom who was drafted in a completely different era of the NHL has averaged 57 points a season over his career. He won trophy's because he was the best defenseman in basically every category. He IMO is the second best defenseman of all time. I cannot see a comparison with Ryan Murray whatsoever. Now im not going to try and discredit what Ryan Murray brings as a player, but hes on a poor team and hasnt really made the team better. As a #1 defenseman and a #2 overal selection you would think you should have an impact on your teams overal success. As you can see, Rielly has quarterbacked the backend and has helped turn his team into a playoff contendor.