Thread: Proposal: Bos - edm
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
In addition to all of that there is also a pretty good chance that if you have Hemsky, your hands will be tied in regards to whether or not you re-sign Horton. We can't forget all of those new contracts that were signed and will take effect next year or the guys who will have to be signed like Rask.

There is also a hierarchy on the Bruins and I don't think Hemsky fits into the bottom six, so if the Bruins were to acquire him, who moves down to the 3rd line? It has to be Horton right? I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. Hemsky just isn't the guy for me. If we are talking about demoting Horton to the 3rd line then the player who is replacing him has to be better than him and I don't see Hemsky like that. Hemsky brings something different than Horton.

I am all for making the team better but at this point I am in a go big or go home type of mode. I just don't see Hemsky as the guy the Bruins need. There are so many questions about his health and his decrease in production last year when he was healthy. I can see Caron approaching the points that Hemsky got last year while still being able to carry the load defensively.
This exactly. If Chia wants some added scoring in the top-6, why not put a better package together for Iginla, whom I'd guess would bump Horton to 3rd line, justifiably. Iginla stands a better chance to stay healthy & would produce considerably more than Hemsky.

Hemsky is just not a guy I'd want in Boston.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote