View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I really, really hope that's the case, and that it's enough to push forward and get things done.

If anything, I have confidence in the players being involved enough in the negotiations to drive that point forward. They can't let Fehr just do his thing. The worst thing that can happen right now is for Fehr to say "Hey guys, I know you want to sign this and get back to playing, but trust me, it's in your best interest to reject it, and wait for the owners to completely cave in. I didn't get the MLBPA to where it is by making compromises"... and for the players to buy it.
Gotta love the assumption put forth that Fehr "does his thing" and players follow like lemmings.

Fehr was/is paid to advise the players and negotiate a fair deal for his constituents, IMO he is doing his job.

The NHL proposal does nothing but take back from what the players have gained through previous negotiations, while offering NOTHING in return.

Yet just because the NHL finally arrives at what should be considered a reasonable starting point, the fans only considering their own personal wishes scream sign.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 10-17-2012 at 03:33 PM.