View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
source

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Well this is logically sound if:

(a) You think development camp is a highly reliable setting to determine how good a prospect is.

Anyway, I'm surprised you're suggesting that. I think you might be suffering from the same bias those that think the WJC is the be-all-end-all just because it's the only time most fans get to see certain players.

I tend to trust the collective of Swedish posters we have here. When they are skeptical, they often turn out to have had reason to be (Rundblad comes to mind, no I haven't called him a bust). When they are decidedly enamored with a player (OEL, Landeskog come to mind) they often come out right.

So far the good words on Wikstrand are universal amongst Swedish fans it seems. He's considered the #1 Dman on an SEL2 team which is more than management could have been asking for.
I think it's a very useful gauge for comparing one prospect against another. Recently, the following have done very well at the rookie camp: Borowiecki, Da Costa, Winchester, Hoffman, Lehner, Zibanejad, Rundblad, Silfverberg, Prince, Pageau.

How did Landeskog and OEL look at their respective rookie camps? They probably dominated the **** out of them.

I'm not saying that poor performance at a rookie camp seals a player's fate, but, comeon.