Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I think it's a very useful gauge for comparing one prospect against another. Recently, the following have done very well at the rookie camp: Borowiecki, Da Costa, Winchester, Hoffman, Lehner, Zibanejad, Rundblad, Silfverberg, Prince, Pageau.

How did Landeskog and OEL look at their respective rookie camps? They probably dominated the **** out of them.

I'm not saying that poor performance at a rookie camp seals a player's fate, but, comeon.
I think where we differ is that you seem believe that there's a science behind determining a prospects worth when evaluating them across different playing settings (aside from the NHL). Sometimes it doesn't make much sense.

I'm in the "I'd have to watch him play" camp anyways. But there's no doubting he's playing better so far than anyone could have hoped.

And some of those guys weren't that impressive in their first camps. And some of those guys were considerably older, or came from NA already, etc. And in terms of coming to a new continent to play at 18, an unheralded kid at that...you're unlikely to see the best of this player in those circumstances. Or at least it's a legitimate possible.

And I think there's a big gap between potential steal and Tobias Enstrom. Who's been suggesting the moon for this guy without saying it in jest?

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 10-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.