View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I'll just assume that Kuhnhackl might not have been born in Germany somehow, because there's no way you could have missed him, right? No Tony Hand even in these circumstances? (I have no idea how to rank him, I know the British leagues are of very poor quality).

I'm assuming Arturs Irbe (Latvia) and Peter Bondra (Ukraine?) were left off for being former Soviet republics and just lumped in with them?

Bozon and Paek not good enough, right?
*gulp*

i totally missed Kuehnhackl... he'd have made a much better 2nd line option than McFadden. My bad. I didn't expect my opponent to catch that one though.

Also - yikes! This means I forgot Kiessling too. After the obvious, Langway and Hall, Kiessling belongs in the next "7 pack" of defensemen who are all arguably in the same range.

You're right about Hand - no idea how to rank him.

Correct about Irbe and Bondra, for the purposes of this one we went strictly by birth country and they were born in USSR (interesting trivia, the first ever NHL player born in a former USSR nation is Viktor Tikhonov - obviously many more will follow now)

Bozon wasn't good enough, correct.

Paek, I'd have taken over Josi at least. But not before Glynn, who was my de facto #8, and not before Seidenberg, my opponent's #7 (that's obvious, i guess)