View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 05:49 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Initially, I thought he'd be as good, if not better than John Tavares. In the end, I hope he remains a viable option for us, because I'd hate for him to become one of those "bust" categorised players that he's started down the path of becoming.

I'm not writing him off though. Last season was dreadful with injury. I'd be keen to see how he fares this season, because without him firing, Hejduk and Parenteau may not fire.

Without all three not performing, we'd be relying again on O'Reilly to stay as productive, and I really hope that wasn't a one off career production type of year.

Then again, it also means we'd need 20-30 goals from Mcginn, Stazz and Jones.

He's imperative to our team.
We've got in alphabetical order Downie, Duchene, Hejduk, Jones, Landeskog, McGinn, O'Reilly, Parenteau and Stastny in our top six. That's nine players vying for six slots. I think we're in a pretty good spot. There are some serious questions whether or not some of these younger players can maintain the boost that came with their addition (McGinn, Downie) but I think both will be fine provided they find a solid line to call home.

To me, this is Sacco's do or die year. He showed brilliance his first season here. The last one...not so much. However, he's had to deal with a young roster and one with some injured key players. He's got all the pieces now to make two scoring threats and a solid defensive third or spread things out and make three good lines. How he handles this challenge will speak volumes about the AVs playoff chances.

My choice:
1. McGinn-Stastny-Jones
2. Downie-Duchene-Parenteau
3. Landeskog-O'Reilly-Hejduk

I think you could roll those lines all night long and be successful. I also think you could keep them together and have either one or three alternate duties between playing against the other teams top line. I'm worried a bit about Duchene and Parenteau from a defensive prospect but adding Downie to that mix gives them muscle in the offensive zone.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote