View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 06:37 PM
gleanerguy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
Hmmm speaking of Murray Nystrom, any UNB fan out there ever wonder what would have happen if Murray Nystrom took the UNB Varsity Reds Job, actually I should say kept the job, he accepted the position and came to Fredericton only to have a change of heart right away and return to Ontario, before UNB went to their backup plan at that time unknown to Fredericton Gardiner MacDougall

I really don't think they would have had the success they've had in the 2000's if not for Gardiner getting the program going like he has, its not just the Varsity Hockey team either the whole thing, Vreds Prospects etc etc.

Ever wonder if Murray Nystrom wonders what could have been? He really hasn't done anything in Brock one year they are decent next year not so great, one Nationals appearance and I think they got slammed by both UNB and Saskatchewan
Nope. You don't get anywhere by looking back. Coaches will tell you that. Have asked Murray that question a couple of times in conversations since and he said at the time that it was a family decision...he, his wife and children loved it in St. Catharines. Presume they still do.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote