View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Stickchecked

vCash: 500
No one should complain about a stroller. It can be fun taking the turns with it, just be aware that it can tip over pretty easily if you lean on it.

No hockey helmet will fit a 2 year old unless he has a huge mellon. We used a bike helmet. Here in Ottawa, helmets are now mandatory. If you got one for him, you should use it.

No knee pads are necessary, first off, he's not going to be skating alone. (Unless he's fantastically coordinated.) And toddlers are so low to the ground, they never hurt their knees when they fall.

2 is too young to get the hang of skating, but I fully agree with starting early because you want them to catch the bug and you never know how they'll do. So just focus on trying to get him to catch the ice rink bug. Buy some popcorn if they sell it and make it a fun outing. If he quickly gets bored, don't push it. The first time, my girl more enjoyed watching me skate.

Whatever makes them want to go back.

One last idea for catching the bug: I took my girl to a random hockey game, just dropped in to a rink in town. Turned out it was a full on minor hockey tournament, so we lucked out. But we got to sit in the stands, eat popcorn and watch kids play hockey for free. She loved it.

And she loved the zamboni more.

Stickchecked is offline   Reply With Quote