Thread: Matt Duchene
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 08:02 PM
FoppaForsberg*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
If we are relying on Hunwick to achieve anything, we are in deep trouble. I hope one of Barrie, Elliott or Gaunce get called up before he's in the line-up.

Secondly, I have seen Duchene play plenty, and he is NOT a point per game player, as I always suggested "under the current circumstance. What I mean by that, is that he's some what suffering from the Stastny syndrome, in that he plays with scrappers on his lines (you know, guys who can post 25-37 odd points per season - sometimes they will play above their level and score 40 odd).

For Duchene to be a marquee player that you suggest he should be, I'd recommend he'd need to be in a Backstrom or Datsyuk type of luxury, and play with guys like Zetterberg, Hossa, Semin and/or Ovechkin have over the years.

Avs are a FAR distance from having the calibre of any of those players in our line up. Really, we don't have one superstar (who puts the runs on the board) at present. We have a lot of hard working toilers.
Depth> Star power.
(unless you have Crosby/Malkin.)
EDIT: I get what you're saying, however in the future we will I believe have someone of the caliber of Hossa, Zetterberg, etc with Landeskog. As of right now, no. Duchene isn't a PPG player both because of his linemates and he isn't at that level yet, however I think in the future he has potential for that. Also I wouldn't say he'll be playing with scrappers this season, Parenteau is coming off a 60 some point season, and he will be paired with Duchene for most of the season imo. and none of Hejduk, Landeskog,Downie, or McGinn(Kind of) are scrappers.

Last edited by FoppaForsberg*: 10-17-2012 at 08:31 PM.
FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote