View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 08:19 PM
blues10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
What a horrible performance by Canada at World CUp qualifying in Honduras. Yeah, it's a hostile environment but so what. Team basically folds their tent before halftime down 4-0.

I'll will always support this team, but talk of development of high-level soccer in this country (on the men's side anyways) is rubbish. Barring one of the biggest comebacks of all time this team won't even qualify for the final round of World Cup qualifying. That in itself is a joke considering the wealth and resources available in this country.

Ticked at Soccer Canada right now.
It has been a day and I am now calm enough to post. Sadly I still have no words to describe what happened yesterday.

A complete overhall is obviously required.

I have no idea what a solution is.

Russia 2018 will be the next chance for a World Cup appearance.

Does David Thomson want to help fund a National mens Soccer team and developoment program? Maybe he is a multi-sport kinda guy.

The owner of Cheslea FC has been doing so in Russia.

Quote:
Russian national team

Abramovich at the World Cup in Germany
Abramovich also played a large role in bringing Guus Hiddink to Russia to coach the Russia national football team.[64] Piet de Visser, a former head scout of Hiddink's club PSV Eindhoven and now a personal assistant to Abramovich at Chelsea, recommended Hiddink to the Chelsea owner.[65] De Visser was also instrumental in the appointment of Hiddink as temporary Chelsea manager for the final months of the 200809 season.[66]

National Academy of Football

In addition to his involvement in professional football, Abramovich sponsors a foundation in Russia called the National Academy of Football. The organization sponsors youth sports programs throughout the country and has constructed more than fifty football pitches in various cities and towns. It also funds training programs for coaches, prints instruction materials, renovates sports facilities and takes top coaches and students on trips to visit professional football clubs in England, Holland and Spain. In 2006 the Academy of Football took over the administration of the Konoplyov football academy at Primorsky, near Togliatti, Samara Oblast, where over 1000 youths are in residence, following the death at 38 of its founder, Yuri Konoplev.[67]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich