View Single Post
Old
10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
DM23BK30

vCash: 500
Kevin Long will be fired.

But it's just a knee-jerk reaction. Long isn't the problem but he's certainly not helping.

The Yankee lineup has 100pct job security under Shallow Hal and Timid Hank. It took 165 games for some of these multi-millionaire strikeout kings to be held accountable.

I'm really not that upset. This Yankee team resembled nothing close to a Pennant winner for 99 pct of the season. The fact that they won a tough division and a playoff round with an underachieving lineup and a ton of injuries (to include Rivera) is a major miracle.

The Yankees built the last dynasty on contact, defense and speed. It started in the early 1990s under Bob Watson and Stick Michael. Look at the 1994 team who was the best in baseball (IMO). Nothing but line drive hitters.

Girardi reminds me of Davey Johnsopn after 1986. Zero accountability. Zero. Swisher, Cano and AS-Rod joking and laughing all game long regardless of the score. At least Davey had Mex and Kevin Mitchell to knock teeth in. Who does Girardi have? Jeter? Jeter could care less about his teammates or what theyre doing. Jeter is a lead-by-example Captain, but the rest of the team could care less about his example.

I say get young, get fast and get fundamental. I'll suffer through an 80-win season or two to get back to a balanced, enjoyable lineup.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote