View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 12:43 AM
OOEEL

vCash: 500
More news!

Medicine Hat traded for overage goalie Cam Lanigan today, putting them at three goalies between Lanigan, Langhamer, and MacAuley. On twitter I asked Shaw TV Sports host Dave Dawson what the move means for Marek and Dawson, and he said:

Quote:
@DaveDawson7: Tough call. It would be a bold move to cut Marek loose. No way they let go of Dawson I would guess. He's their 2013 starter.
So as that situation plays its way out I'll let you guys know what's up.

Updates:

Henrik picked up a goal and 4PIM in a 5-4 shootout loss to Kamloops. His penalties were for interference and roughing, so it sounds like just another day at the office for Ulfie's boy. He was also stopped in the shootout, for those curious.

Moncton and Cape Breton both went to OT today, Moncton coming out of their game with two points while Cape Breton only got one. James Melindy finished pointless but as a +1 in the Wildcats' 4-3 win over Acadie-Bathurst, while Justin Haché picked up an assist in a -3 performance for the Screaming Eagles who fell 6-5 to Sherbrooke.

And finally, Andrew Fritsch picked up a power play assist in the Soo Greyhounds' 3-1 win over Sudbury in the only game on the OHL slate for today.

EDIT: Medicine Hat announced today (Thursday the 18th) that they're sending Dawson Macauley down to the SJHL, meaning Marek will stay on the roster along with recent acquisition Cam Lanigan

Last edited by OOEEL: 10-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.