View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Not a good deal for us. Kadri seems to have good offensive skill but there is no way his game is well-rounded enough for Gillis/Kadri to center a Luongo deal around him. Ashton/Biggs would be redundant for us as Kassian and Jensen are both better RW prospects with good size. Tim Connolly also won't fit into our lineup, as he won't supplant Kesler after he gets back, nor will he fit into our bottom 6.

Out of all the deals I've seen offered by Leafs fans on here I think Kulemin + Colborne + 2nd makes the most sense for us.

Kadri may also be a buy-low candidate. Is his game that much less refined than Hodgsons was?

I agree about Kassian/Jensen being prospects for Biggs/Ashton to beat out.. But can you ever have too many big winger prospects with size?

As for Connolly, I wouldnt expect him to take over for Kes/Hank but Keslers line has lacked a playmaker and Connolly could fit that need (whether it be at center or wing). Gives us a 2nd PP center, and a 3rd line center (and contributes to overall center depth). Gives us another year as a stop-gap to let Kadri/Schroeder earn a spot.