View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 04:17 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Kadri may also be a buy-low candidate. Is his game that much less refined than Hodgsons was?
Kadri and Hodgson are fairly comparable. However it's not exactly like AV was in love with Cody's playing style. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Gillis and AV both prefer Colborne to Kadri, considering Gillis's year-end comments about preojected roster changes.

Quote:
I agree about Kassian/Jensen being prospects for Biggs/Ashton to beat out.. But can you ever have too many big winger prospects with size?
No, but that doesn't mean they would be assets we should be targeting.

Quote:
As for Connolly, I wouldnt expect him to take over for Kes/Hank but Keslers line has lacked a playmaker and Connolly could fit that need (whether it be at center or wing). Gives us a 2nd PP center, and a 3rd line center (and contributes to overall center depth). Gives us another year as a stop-gap to let Kadri/Schroeder earn a spot.
Perhaps. I'm not totally against the idea of acquiring Connolly in a deal, but only if he's valued as a cap dump, and it's not detracting from the collective value we would otherwise return. If that was the case I would prefer the zero-to-negative valued Lombardi.

Also, I think your valuation here might be a little pessimistic. If Connolly is the best roster player coming back to us in the deal then I think TML's 1st would also have to be coming back in that deal.