View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 09:15 AM
danincanada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Yeah because this is anything like comparing a guy with a 22 year career with a guy that had a 20 year career.

Besides, as I have said at great ****ing length throughout all 3 threads...I am not arguing against Hasek being the greatest ever. I am simply saying that Roy is the playoff king and that NO ONE comes close to him in that regard.
22 year NHL career vs. 20 year NHL career excluding a season lost to the lockout and 2 seasons of pro hockey in Sweden.

Roy played 19 NHL seasons and Hasek played what...30 years of professional hockey when you combine his play in the NHL and Europe?

All of these players had great longevity so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

When it comes to Roy/Hasek you bring up the playoffs but that was never such a big deal with you in the other comparison. If Roy was a "playoff king" when compared to Hasek then Lidstrom was a "playoff king" when compared to Bourque. I don't know of another player who had their +/- drop as much as Bourque when comparing regular season play and the playoffs. It's far more than Hasek's save %.

I don't mean to derail this thread but I see a huge inconsistency in how you have argued these two debates.

danincanada is offline   Reply With Quote