View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Brimsek better get used to seeing lots of rubber with 5 offense-first defensemen playing in front of him.

I would probably bench Rafalski for Ryan Sutter just to balance the pairings better. It's not like you need Rafalski for the PP with Leetch, Gary Suter, Housley, Griffis, and Rolston there.

Leetch - Ramsey
G Suter - Griffis
Housley - R Suter
You're probably right, call me guilty of looking for the best "overall" player to fill a spot and then trying to make the special teams work from there.

and yeah, Hawks, I've never had Griffis myself, but I thought he was more of a defense-first guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
add a spare to that taxi squad. Rumun Ndur (NIG)
I always look forward to your comments (and MadArcand's) on these teams.

The presence of Townshend might have made it look like we were trying to represent as many countries as possible, but that was not the case. We were trying to draft the best players possible... my opponent just mailed it in for his spares is all. I don't think Ndur is in the league of Chartraw/Glynn, and if I was gonna add another name to that taxi squad, unless I'm forgetting someone else, I think it would be Jim Paek. Luca Sbisa, Christoff Schubert and Johnny Miszuk would warrant consideration as well.

Christ, we're pretty close to having a whole team's worth of defensemen here. Jonas Hiller could back up Cude too, no problem.