Thread: Value of: Voracek/Simmonds
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Only because of the amount of moping he did here depressing his value.

Also, I love love love how the prevailing wisdom has become that Voracek has somehow improved by leaps and bounds since leaving Columbus.

News flash: he's exactly the same. He always was a persistent player in all zones, a great passer, and yet possessed of a remarkable capacity for screwing up shots on goal. We traded him because he never got any further than that after two years and had an opportunity to (we thought) get an upgrade, and now after three he STILL isn't ahead of that status.

Jake is what he is. What he is is valuable and awesome. But whatever "upside" folks invent for him (which turns him into this legend that Columbus should absolutely never have "discarded") is rapidly becoming ephemeral. It's been three consistent years now. The trade didn't change a damn thing beyond getting him more attention; making people notice what was already there.

If one wants absolute, unshakable confirmation that folks truly do not pay the slightest attention to any Columbus Blue Jackets player in even the least amount of fashion, but are perfectly happy to make sweeping judgment calls based on their overwhelming ignorance, one need only look to the evaluations of Jake Voracek before and after the trade.
As a Flyers fan, and seeing Jake in Halifax, and having Jake in a keeper pool since his draft, I have to agree with you. He is all these things and I too have waited for the bigger breakout that has not happened yet. I like what he adds to Philly but do think that he can do more. If he plays with Giroux for a whole season, he will have no more excuses for not producing more than 50 points. And if that happens, Philly should be happy to have a good second liner for years to come!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote