Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 10:41 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
Thank you for explaining to me the difference between revenues and net profit, because I was indeed not aware. It is quite obvious that the NHL made a profit last year. I am unable to find the exact number, but one can assume it was substantial. Thus, what the real issue in all of this is the net distribution of those profits among the other owners. Otherwise, it really is just greed isn't it? A group of Billionaires crying foul. Again, I reiterate, how can anyone support multi-billionaire league owners over farm boys and middle class kids who fought their way to make it. Does not make much sense to me.
A lot of that has to do with, people have never ran anything in their life(small company).

Not all NHL owners are turning a profit. That is not hard to see.

And not all NHL owners are billionaires. Not all Owners should take a loss just because they bought a sports team.

The top end owners should not have to prop up the low end owners.

The NHL does not have a Billion Dollar T.V. contract to subsidize Loser franchises (like the NFL).

So the NHL has to keep costs under control (that would be player salary). Even at a 7 percent rollback the average NHL salary would be........Six figures.

It's really not that hard to understand why Owners want a 50/50 split.