View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
* honestly if this was once again being played on NHL arenas. I would probably say that everyone on here would be back on that team but with age coming into factor some of their speed will drop and it is needed for international rink. So Above I will place who i think needs to be replaced DUE to age and speed. The only guy I kept above the age of 33 was Joe Thornton who is dominating the Swiss Nat A league and shows that his playmaking makes up for his speed. His size would be needed too I think.
Thornton should not come back. In the 2006 Olympics (at his peak) Thornton was only adequate, and in 2010 he was a complete non-factor. A bigger issue is that Thornton realistically has to play centre, unlike someone like E. Staal. Crosby will occupy one centre spot, Toews will take another and presumably one of Stamkos/Giroux will take another. That leaves the 4th line spot for one centre, and Thornton certainly didn't work there in 2010. He's even less likely to work when he's four years older and skating will be more valuable.