View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Yeah it's real logical to assume that a 38 year old dude can hang out with his team for less than 6 months and turn a 3rd liner Kesler into a Selke winner. Nothing to do wit natural development or anything.

Go to a thread in a debate about Kesler, Canucks fans:

OMG KESLER SO AWESOME. HE DEVELOPED HIMSELF SO WELL. TURNED INTO A SELKE WINNER FROM JUST BEING A THIRD LINER. BEST CENTER IN THE NHL?
In fairness, I've always disliked Kesler a little bit. Started to come around the past few years when he started producing as much as talking, but there are still a ton of little things to his game that irk me (everyone knows about his flops).

I just don't understand why it's so difficult to believe that a hall-of-fame NHL'er didn't have a massive influence on the 3 biggest cogs of our offense, while playing with them an entire season.

That's exposure to the way Mats Sundin handles himself on the ice, off the ice, in the media, in the locker room, with coaches, with teammates...the list goes on.

Plus the Sedins...they've been absolutely different players since that season. Utilizing their body more correctly, being 'Absolute' leaders on the team.

Mats Sundin is also one of the better defensive center stars around in a while, and I'm sure that Kesler learned a hell of a lot from a 18+ year NHL veteran.

Sorry to take this off topic, I just don't see why you're being so dense about a relatively indifferent association to you.