View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
So then increase revenue sharing a bit and teach the other owners how to get creative in terms of generating income. Hire Jerry Jones to teach a class or something.

Your counter proposal would force a team to keep Wade Redden on the ice instead of maybe bringing up a Dylan McIlrath, simply because there's no way to get rid of Redden.

That is beyond stupid.

Let me say that again.... it is BEYOND STUPID.
Stupider than hiring Jerry Jones to teach NHL owners a class on "Creative Income Generating?"

If you've been reading my posts, you would see that keeping Wade Redden on NHL ice is definitely not my counter proposal to this whole thing.

My entire point is that teams that are dumb enough to sign a Wade Redden to 6 years in the first place should incur some sort of cap penalty for their troubles if they decide to dump him. Having the wildcard of "Well, we can dump him in the minors if things dont work out" is a tool that few teams possess. And, for the ones that can do it, it invites dumb free agent decisions (like Redden).

I cant help but think people are up in arms about this because they're scared its going to retroactively hurt the Rangers - even though its been reported that the rule would be applied for all contracts GOING FORWARD. That makes me fine with it. Primarily because it will make the Rangers think twice before ever making such a stupid move again.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote