Thread: Value of: Berglund to the Maple Leafs
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Fair enough. Personally I see Bergy and Colborne having roughly the same potential anyway. Big bodied, decent 2nd line center, excellent 3rd line center.

Curious. Is St.Louis looking for a legitimate top pairing defenseman, or more of a complimentary/reliable guy for Pietrangelo? (Ex. Suter or Orpik)
Complimentary/reliable is probably more along the lines, but he needs to be able to step up and be the leader of the D if Pietrangelo was out for a few games. Honestly, I'm of the opinion that Cole has earned a chance to make the spot his own. We are a strong enough defensive unit as a team to allow him to make the adjustments, and if it isn't working we can make a move mid-season.

When it comes to forwards, we have little incentive to move anyone. Financially we probably can't afford the star player some think we need, and any other moves would be lateral and only really going to happen mid-season when there is a better idea of what is going on. See Chris Stewart probably.

As for Colborne, I haven't seen anything of him recently, but every time I read about him it is still critical of his defense and him not making the adjustments. Hopefully he works it out, but if that is the case, he starts to creep into the boom or bust category.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote