View Single Post
Old
12-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Rivet: Another good game. I'm really pleased the last couple and feel he might be turning a corner. Perhaps a little talking aside and talking to to convince him to play a more simple game and relax more out there, rather than panicking the puck away constantly? If he keeps this up, we might actually all become happy with the defensive corps. Okay, that's wishful thinking. B+

Brisebois: As Pedneault said (and I agree???), Brisebois made a couple of errors tonight that we haven't seen in a long period of time. The best part about saying that, is that it was only two really bad errors, and for the rest of the game, he looked pretty solid again. B

Koivu: Anyone else notice him helping out Ryder on the bench tonight?

Finally, there's some real team spirit out there, and that's something we haven't seen in years and years. Player after player sticks up for one another...

On to the Flyers, or rather, they're coming to Montreal, and that's going to be a hard game.

A concerned fan.
I feel that Rivet began playing a better game on the road trip out west. (Perhaps getting away from the booing was part of the reason?) I wonder if they'll eventually put him back with Markov, since they both did well together last year. Yes, Brisebois' game has suffered a bit, in the last two games. Nothing to get excited about yet. It was nice to see Quintal show some emotion, but he kinda lost it didn't he? Must be more to the story than we know.

This bunch is starting to look like a real team. Supporting each other, and showing some spirit. They are playing to win, rather than playing not to lose. Philly in town on Monday. The Flyers are undefeated at home with a 12-0-2-0 record, but barely above .500 on the road, at 4-3-4-1. I think we can beat them. In fact, I think we will beat them. Gotta come out hitting. (We know Begin will.... )

Yeah, I saw Koivu talking to Ryder. It brought to mind the many posts here that have stated Koivu is not a good leader.