View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
Heres a big issue currently... Crosby and Giroux are having some issues. They had some in the playoffs and its still a petty argument today as Yahoo Sport jus came out with an article on how Crosby is not sorry for playing hard on the faceoff while Giroux believes it was not accidental.

Even if they both are on the roster, idk how much well see of them on the same line.
I agree that they may struggle to coexist, but it's not an issue. If Crosby and Giroux have legitimate animosity that won't allow them to play together, they can simply be placed on different lines. Personally I would rather Giroux and Stamkos together on a line while Crosby gets his own line.

Quote:
Staal-Crosby-Iginla was the 2010 line. I think Giroux would make a perfect replacement for Iginla but if not then just try Nash on that line or put in Stamkos
Why should Canada try to recreate a line that didn't work in 2010? Things might be different with Stamkos, but Crosby and Nash didn't work in 2010 either.

Quote:
Nash-Toews-Richards was a powerful line for Canada in 10, no need to change it. 3rd line against Russia but 1st against USA.
I agree. Throw that line out there again and hope it still works. If not, those guys are all versatile enough to fit in other places.

Quote:
Marleau-Thornton-Heatly You might be able to replace this entire line. The big rink is huge factor. But i really think we all underrate Thornton. Big guy on faceoffs, pose on the PP and theres real no reason to replace this line just replace Marlaeu with either Jamie Benn or Jordan Staal
This line did almost nothing at 2010 and there is no reason to recreate it. Marleau is the player I would be most likely to bring back because of his skating and the valuable two way play he provided in 2010. Bringing this line back for 2014 and replacing Marleau with Benn or J. Staal is just asking to get picked apart on international ice.

Quote:
Morrow-Getzlaf-Perry Morrow might be the only one need to be replaced. You can replace him with Giroux. I think Giroux speed on this line would come in handy.
I don't trust Getzlaf as a centre on international ice. He just doesn't skate well enough at this point, and like Thornton he can't really be put at wing either. Perry is the only guy I would salvage from this line, and that's mainly because he's a natural winger who brings a different element from most guys under consideration.

Quote:
The beauty of Canada is that have so much talent and size. They can put out 4 even lines of even playing time and be valuable. But that big rink is a factor. Eberle speed would be useful but Benn would be useful on PK and hes not a slowpoke either. If anything you can replace Thornton with Eberle and have

Crosby, Staal, Stamkos
Toews, Nash, Richards
Getzlaf, Perry, Benn
Eberle, Giroux, Heatly
There's no reason for Tavares to be missing. After what he's done internationally already and his last season in the NHL he looks essentially like a lock.