View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
50/50 is the industry standard set by the NFL and NBA. The NHL didn't pull that number out of a hat. 50/50 is going to happen one way or the other, the PA could have tried to negotiate the best deal they could and get 82 games in. Instead they seem content to continue to play hard ball and try to break the NHL owners.
I don't think we disagree as much as you think we do, but if we're going to go with 50/50 for the sake of adhering to the other league, then should ELC's be capped at 3 years? Should they be capped at $1.3 or whatever they are? Should we allow performance bonuses? What about franchise players tags? 10/5 veto rights?

Where does it stop?

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that Bettman's first stop was at the press, and I suspect some of the details he dropped weren't in their full context.

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL team exec on NHL/NHLPA: "They are both posturing."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no we dont. just saw on the business board tho the players want 1.91 billion in year 1(last year 1.87)
If you imposed 57 percent on this year's antipated revenues, what does that come out to in real $ terms? (I have no idea, but I suspect it is more than 1.9 billion, right?)