View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Stu Macher

vCash: 500
I was going to list movies I'd like to see nominated for all of the major awards, but realized that I would be repeating myself too often by saying "The Master". Needless to say, I'd like to see it nominated for Picture, Director, both Actors, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, and Screenplay.

I assume Daniel Day Lewis will be nominated for his role in Lincoln, as bad as that movie (and to an extent, his performance) looks to me. Although the buzz out of New York was highly praising Tommy Lee Jones, saying that he stole the show. If War Horse was able to get in on the 10 nominations last year, any saccharin piece of junk Spielberg releases can get in for Best Picture.

A few smaller things I'd like to see:

Argo getting recognized for its editing. Much like last years winner, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Argo's editing works to maintain the flow, and build the tension. We'll see if this opinion holds up for me for the rest of the year, because I have high hopes for Zero Dark Thirty.

It would also make me happy to see Michael Pena get considered for a Supporting Actor nomination for his role in End of Watch. I really liked that movie, and he was a major reason.

Stu Macher is offline   Reply With Quote