View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
Trust me, I hate both sides at this point. But it seems like people are quick to jump on the Owners bandwagon after that last "offer", ignoring the obviously PR maneuvering that led up to it
I can't speak for others but personally...

No doubt both sides are responsible for the situation that we are in. The thing is, pr or not, many fans have looked at the owners offer and judged it as a very fair offer to negotiate from.

Now, seeing Fehr and many players speaking out about how insulting the offer is is showing that there may be extreme expectations being perpetuated within the nhlpa. Their comments also corroborate what GB said about their counterproposals.

It had been obvious to most in the lead up to this Summer that the players were going to have to make some concessions to keep the league viable. It isn't all that unreasonable for the players popularity to plummet after they take a hardline that continues to put the season in jeopardy.

ETA: I think we'll find out in the next few days exactly how willing the players are to negotiate.

Last edited by SHOOTANDSCORE: 10-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.