View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 07:11 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
While I agree with this, I guess I just see the owners doing the exact same thing, just dressing it up nicer.

In my various reading on this whole **** show, I've read that the NHL was always aiming for something around 50/50. So in a sense, it's their hardline. Their strategy was then to throw out the ridiculous 43 offer initially, so that when they arrive at 50/50, they come up smelling like roses w/ the fans.

It's all ******** in the end. Just interesting to see how public opinion swings around

I'm strongly considering just unfollowing everyone hockey related on Twitter and just ignoring the whole thing the rest of the way
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. What started my shift was a good pr move by the nhl to publicly release their offer and terrible decisions by Fehr and some players to ridicule the offer. Twitter is the players' enemy right now. I'm sure both sides are still posturing but I'm quickly losing faith in the nhlpa's sincerity.

IMO, the only way for the nhlpa to recover is to make their offers public and that only works if they were genuine counter-proposals.

It is interesting, I just hate that we miss hockey because of it.