View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Moskau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
No, but it makes you question just how good his NHL career will end up being.

Barkov is out there competing every shift, making things happen, and is being trusted to be the most important player for his team as a young 17 year old and 19 year old Armia is most likely floating around waiting for an opportunity to pounce and subsequently turn the puck over.
They're fundamentally different players, but it's still disconcerting to see the gap between the two.
As someone who never really cared for the Armia pick to begin with it doesn't surprise me. He's never going ton win any coaches awards. I don't think he plays like Vanek as some people do but he has Vanek's demeanor to me. Some games he looks like he is giving 110% effort all over the ice but more often than not he doesn't wear his effort on his sleeve. When you are a player that doesn't hit, play amazing defense or take face-offs you can look like a very lazy player doing that.

I didn't like the pick because it felt much like the Zagrapan pick but at least Armia will be a perennial 20 goal scorer at the NHL level with his shot. I just know he is going to annoy the **** out of me doing it.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote