View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
The only positive I take from today was the third offer as Fehr described it (the other two -- taking 3 or 5 years to get to 50% is pretty bogus... they can get concessions elsewhere). I don't see anything wrong with asking all existing contracts to be honored then going straight to 50/50 as the owners define HRR (that is a concession by itself).

Why not?? Make Liarpold and those guys pay up what they offered in those big money deals this summer. Hold them to THEIR OWN AGREEMENTS. I can't see how the owners would argue that's unfair or "way off". It's the dog food you prepared owners, just like always. Now you eat it.
Elliotte Friedman tweeted this ...
Quote:
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Sorry, blackberry dead, wanted to mention Bill Daly's response to proposal 3. Says it is closer to 56 or 57 per cent, with $650M "hidden."
Then he was asked what was meant by hidden and how they would hide it, and he responded with this ...
Quote:
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
@pairofdice1024 What NHL is saying is that $650 million would not be included in the revenue split, so NHLPA cannot argue it is truly a 50/50 share. But, I wonder if this kind of idea can be negotiated upon. It has potential.