View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I was going to try to keep this to PMs, but I guess not.

I won the opening faceoff and saw you immediately went towards your zone with your center. None of your wingers came for me either. I started to skate backwards to gain some momentum to skate up the ice, but noticed you still weren't forechecking me. All 5 of your skaters were on your side of the red line. Why would I try to skate through that or try to dump and chase, something my small forwards can't do well? After seeing that you still weren't coming after me at all, I just stood there right inside my blue line, waiting for you to do something. Neither of us blinked, so after about 5 minutes of game time, I just took the puck up the ice and tried to work the dump and chase. I didn't even do it after I took the 1-0 lead. It only happened during the very beginning of the game.

I agree the 3rd period was a blast.
Disagree with the details, agree with the basics. You won the face-off, I got ready to defend. You sat there with the puck.

We both got a garbage goal, and I missed too many one-times in the slot. You deserved the win, but it wasn't much fun--and I generally relish my (numerous) losses.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote