View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

I know how the losses feel. I was no where near playoff position before the sims happened.

I've never done that before, and it's not really in my "strategy" either. It was just something that came up during our game.

I also disagree with my entire strategy being to try for those low rebound shots all game, but I don't think anyone ever agrees with their opponent after a close game.
I'm the worst player left in the league--or at minimum one of the three worst--so I've had a lot of practice digesting losses, and I think most here (who have beaten me) can speak to my ability to be pretty objective about what particular aspect of my game was brutal on that given occasion.

I stand by what I said: You did the shoot-low thing quite a few times. It happens. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes on accident. I generally don't do it with my top-two lines, but I sometimes do with the bottom-six, not so much because I have a real problem with it than because I'm trying to figure out how to get (slightly) better at the game. Stamkos shot is pretty hard to defend low far side. It pretty much pops out every time, so it's really an extended pass play. After the one goal you got (not directly off of that, but off the rebound, followed by a bit of scrambling to get back in position), I thought I defended it better, and it wasn't an issue. The other two were perfectly legitimate plays, and I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Anyway, best of luck in the playoffs. I'm hoping for a better season next year.

If any of the guys who has me left on the schedule want to play tonight, I can, but as mentioned before, I'll be away this weekend, so SIM at your own risk.

Also, as mentioned early, I'm playing Carolina, who is set to CPU playable and out of the playoffs. Hoping to get Tavares and company a few more points and maybe get a little boost for next season. If I win, Carolina has a better chance at a draft pick, so I don't think there should be any objection--I did my best to get the game played.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote