Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I'm self employed, have been for ten years and there is no way I am going to compare what I do to what a league of 30 owners does. Even if I had employees, people wouldn't be paying to watch them work. You can't compare anything that we do to pro sports teams, movies, TV etc., it's apples to oranges. These guys have not learned to walk away from overpaying mediocre players and that is part of why so many of the have not teams are in trouble. The league was able to move Atlanta's team to Winnipeg and should do the same with Phoenix, that would solve a very big issue, but Bettman's pride won't allow it. He will go to his grave trying to get people in the southern US to love a game they have almost no interest in.
That's your opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. The analogy I provided is real life.

It's the same principle as the owners are trying to argue. The simple fact is, the players and owners are both screwed with another lost season.

Everyone can kick scream cry foul. But they both lose with another canceled season... So both sides are dooming themselves to failure.

I feel zero sympathy for either side. I understand how the owners feel (the one's losing money) I understand how the players feel.

But until they both realize they need each other for the league to thrive....... The NHL is screwed.

Last edited by damacles1156: 10-18-2012 at 10:04 PM.