View Single Post
Old
10-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't think either side is "greedy." Both sides want the best deal possible for itself. The owners don't care what the players are losing. The players don't care what the owners are losing. Each side wants what is best for itself. Just like if you were negotiating something you had a stake in, you would want the best deal for yourself. I want this deal to get done as much as anyone, but saying one side is right and one is wrong or one is greedy etc is just silly. This is business. We suffer because of this, but that's the nature of the beast.
Couldn't agree more. This black and white, hero and anti-hero portrayal of either of the sides is just stupid and unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
My biggest problem is why didn't they start the negotiations long ago? That way if they reached a bump in the road after a month of negotiations, they wouldn't be now missing out on $$$ and would still have time to work things out.
My guess is a mixture of complacency and each side thinking the other one is more desperate to get the season started than they are and thinking they'll get some leverage in negotiations in not proposing a meeting first.