View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
My opinion of Rask is that his skating is below average for sure, but I don't know if I would say he was slow. At least, not slow enough to disqualify him from his top prospect status. There are guys that you look at and wonder if they're hopeless because of their wheels and Rask isn't that guy to me.

As far as positives, his stickhandling and hand eye are off the charts. His passes are also scary accurate and he thinks the game very well. He receives pucks with soft hands. There are guys that chop at the puck when they're changing lanes or crossing over and there are guys like Rask that look like the puck is doing exactly what he expects and he can carry the puck effortlessly without kicking it around or looking down too much, which is about as underrated of a puck skill as there can be. It may be intimidation by the level of play, but it was evident in the U20's last year as well, but he's VERY quick to distribute the puck to the safest option which doesn't scream playmaker to me but he does have the skill to do that as his game evolves. Lots of touch passes and safe outs. He will probably need to become bolder with his puck choices as his career advances in order to create more offense.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote