View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 09:14 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I see. But do you boost so far to equalize the playing field and then lose the adjustment that there's a greater level of competition in 2010 vs. 1930?
I personally wouldn't think so. the "boost" doesn't take the numbers in a pre-expansion season to the point where there are equal numbers of players meeting different score thresholds both before and after; it just makes it so that it's not so drastic (i.e. 20 players at 80+% versus 4) - there are not five times as many good players now as then; or, at least, none of us seem to believe that and if anyone does, they've done a bad job proving it.

it kinda goes back to that whole "talent pool expansion factor" we've alluded to before. I like the results to "look" correct considering what we know about the development of hockey.

I get what dreakmur is saying about polluting the numbers, but whatever the "true" fair adjustment is, I'm sure it's a lot closer to 10-15% than 0%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
A TDMM & Dreakmur squad or Leafs Forever & Dreakmur just seems natural.

_______ & Dreakmur. Someone, step up!
I have it on good authority that this is taken care of.

Bad News - my cousin BudsBuster was already leaning towards not joining due to time, and I had half-convinced him to stay because he can do the whole thing from work.... and then his workplace announced they're starting to monitor internet usage... I am sure that's the straw that broke his back. I think he's out but he still wants to do the main draft in a few months.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote