View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 09:26 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Wow, not close at all. You have the 3 best Dmen and 3 best forwards. How did that happen?
Hasek
Lidstrom/Jagr
Kurri/Forsberg
"Really? OK. I'll take Fetisov/Chelios"
Selanne/Salming
Kharlamov/Makarov
Leetch/Datsyuk
Tretiak/Fedorov
Howe/Vasiliev
Langway/Ovechkin
Hossa/Stastny
Chara/Modano
LeClair/Zetterberg

it was easy to take the best "value players" for my 2nd picks and solidify the defense, knowing that my opponent was already going for Kurri and Forsberg over Kharlamov and Makarov. I knew they'd take a couple panic defensemen giving me a chance to catch up on forwards - and I had the best forward to start anyway.

his advantages:

1. better starting goalie

2. better #4 defenseman. After I had the top 3 I backed off, and I think Leetch, Salming, Howe, Vasiliev are the next best 4, and whoever you think his #4 is, is generally higher regarded than whoever you think my #3 is (Chara? Langway?)

close: 1. 3rd lines. The battles at LW and C can go either way; they are classic longevity vs peak cases, and at RW it is "good offense, ok defense vs. ok defense, good offense".

close: 4th line C. Sundin/Petrov aren't that far apart.

my advantages: everything else (I think)

I actually thought this would be an epic battle after all the training we had done with the other countries

Quote:
EDIT: Although now that I look closer, your 4th line is better than your 3rd line also.
It's not that uncommon to end up with "better" players on a 4th line, but the guys I have on the 3rd make a much better "classic" defensive 3rd line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Regardless, Gary Suter is an awful partner for Brian Leetch
yeah, maybe. i liked your configuration better.

USA draft's over - it's now "everything but Canada". Leetch and Suter got split up.