View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 09:47 AM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
1) I dont see Giroux and Crosby playing with one another

2) I think Taylor Hall is too young for 2014 and Eberle too but reserves, I can see Skinner getting the call though.

3) I dk why you guys all hate Dion Phanuef... Im sure its cuz hes in Toronto and its either biased or that hes always under the limelight. I think hes a great defender, powerful and strong. He didnt seem to do Canada to much harm in the 2012 WC... He was a +1 in the final game you lost to Slovakia, he put up 2 points too. In 8 games he put up 2 points and hes known as a defensive stay at home defender. He only had 2 PIM too, and in some games I checked out he was a +. I think he will be one of 8 defenders being looked at and he will play and do well.

Stamkos- Crosby- Seguin
Nash- Toews- Richards
Benn/Skinner- Getzlaf- Perry
Lucic/Eberle- Bergeron/Thornton- Heatly
So you remove Giroux from the team because he and Crosby have issues? Ridiculous; he's one of our best 3 forwards. Worse case is you put them on different lines and PP units - no big deal. And where's Tavares? He'll be a top-6 forward for us without question. Lucic? He'd be terrible on the larger ice surface. Thornton and Heatley simply aren't / won't be good enough in 2014 to play in the Olympics, and we have several better options available.

As far as Phaneuf goes, don't be so sure that we're against him making Team Canada because "he plays in Toronto". He's simply not a very good defenceman, at least in terms of the Olympic context. The tools are there, but the decision-making is very weak. Again, we have several much better options.